International Fellowship Program in Microsurgery
The department of Plastic and Maxillofacial surgery offers a 6 months-fellowship in reconstructive microsurgery. The unit is one of the more active in reconstructive microsurgery in the north of Europe with a case load performed of 120 free flaps per year and 50 complex non microvascular cases in the areas of head and neck reconstruction, breast reconstruction, facial paralysis, lower extremity and complex wound care. The fellowship program is endorsed by the Swedish Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
The fellow will work in a team of four specialists and one resident and will participate in the planning and execution of all reconstructive cases performed by the team. The fellow will participate in all teaching activities in the department and will be responsible for a monthly presentation.
The fellow is required to undertake one research project within microsurgery and is expected to finish one publication.
Accommodation in Uppsala and a stipend for living expenses is provided.
The candidate must be specialist in plastic surgery with ambition to pursue a career in reconstructive microsurgery and be able to work in a team.
How to apply
The fellowship positions for 2023 are full. Positions for 2024 are available, the deadline to submit the application is April 1st 2023.
Submit CV and two letters of recommendation to the fellowship program director
Dr. Andres Rodriguez.
Jessica obtained her medical degree from the University of Saskatchewan in Canada. She then completed her Plastic surgery residency training at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada. Following this she spent one year at the University of Kentucky pursuing one year fellowship training in surgery of the hand & wrist. Jessica has been hired as an Associate Professor at the University of Manitoba starting this spring.
Jessica’s clinical and research interests include microsurgical reconstruction of the head & neck and extremities, facial nerve palsy and surgical education.
- Michael Mayr-Riedler, Technical University of Munich.
- Dr Frank Reilly, Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin in Ireland.
- Dr Yun Phua, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon from Brisbane, Australia.
- Dr. Alex Okello, Plastic Surgeon and Fellow of the College of Surgeons – Plastic Surgery (ECSA), Nairobi, Kenya
- Dr Richard Tee, MD, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), 2020.
- Cristina Gómez Martínez de Lecea, MD, Plastic surgeon, University Clinic of Navarra, Spain. Fellow 2020.
- Luís Vieira, MD, Centro Hospitalar Universitário Lisboa Central, Portugal, 2019
- Riccardo Schweizer, University of Zurich, 2019.
- Caroline Driessen, MD, Erasmus MC in Rotterdam, 2018.
- Naomi van Hout, MD, Radboud University Medical Center in Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- Dr. Holger Klein, MD, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland, 2017
- Dr. Jorga Zabojova, MD, Oxford University, United Kingdom, 2017.
- Dr. Tianyi Liu, MD, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada. Fellow 2016.
- Ruben Coelho, MD, Plastic Surgeon, Central Hospital of Lisbon, Portugal. Fellow 2016.
- Lara Cristobal Velasco, MD, University Hospital of Getafe, Madrid, Spain. Fellow 2015.
- Camilo Hernandez, MD, Plastic Surgeon from University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia, Fellow 2015.
- Nina Gösseringer, MD. Plastic Surgeon from University of Viena, Austria. Fellow 2014.
- Beatriz Lopez, MD. Plastic Surgeon from University Hospital of A Coruna, Spain, Fellow 2014.
- Lorenzo Cali-Cassi, MD. Plastic Surgeon from University of Turin, Italy. Fellow 2013.
- Felipe Pineda, MD. Plastic Surgeon from University Hospital of A Coruna, Spain. Fellow 2013.