What is precision medicine?
Precision medicine means choosing personalised treatments based on the patient’s individual needs. There are several ways to achieve this, including through better diagnostic methods. One example is genome sequencing, which can guide in selection of treatment strategy and may result in treatments with higher accuracy.
Benefits of precision medicine
- Helps to ensure an equal and sustainable healthcare system
- Enables personalised diagnostics and treatments
- Improves treatment efficiency and reduces side effects
- Improves the quality of life for patients
- Leads to positive health economic outcomes