Uppsala Centre of Excellence for Endocrine Tumors
The Uppsala Centre of Excellence for endocrine tumors is today one of the world leading centers for diagnosis and treatment of neuroendocrine tumors (NET's). Since 1977 diagnosis and treatment of endocrine tumors has been a special focus of interest for Uppsala University Hospital.
In order to give the patient an optimal multimodal management, collaboration with other units/specialists such as radiology, clinical chemistry, pathology, nuclear medicine, cardiology, thoracic surgery and the PET-center has been established. We can offer the patients evaluation from combined clinical teams, dedicated to neuroendocrine tumors (“one-stop-shopping”).
Uppsala Centre of Excellence for endocrine tumors have expertise in the following fields:
- Diagnosis of NET's
- Medical treatment including new agents, such as tyrosin kinase/angiogenesis and mTOR inhibitors
- Surgical expertise with all methods, except for liver transplantation
- Peptide radio receptor therapy (PRRT)
- Diagnosis with specific PET tracers (C11-5HTP, C11-metomidat, C11-hydroxyephedrine, G68-DOTA-Octreotate)
- Development of molecular genetics and tumor biology for personalized treatment
As a result of dedicated treatment of patients with endocrine tumors the survival is significantly better than can be offered as standard of care in many places in other parts of the world.
Read more about resources at Uppsala Centre of Excellence